Monday, May 7, 2007

Grands...weddings....family outings...dancing...

The week of Billie's brother wedding was awesome. I flew out to Dallas for the wedding and to help Shana with the girls. Thursday started out as a day at the Ft Worth Zoo but the real zoo were the 30+ school buses that had got there before us. Plan B- we went to the Science & History Museum and had a blast! The girls enoyed playing in 'watertown' with their daddy and Auntie Jill. Then Auntie Jill had a blast playing 'grocery store' with the girls! Friday was spent getting last minute things for the wedding (KK and LB were flower girls in the wedding) After rehersal dinner, Uncle Warren and I took the girls back to their home and I started rolling hair in sponge curlers while Uncle Warren sat and watched Dora and BluesClues with each neice. All I heard that night was "Uncle Warren can you carry me? Uncle Warren, Uncle Warren." (they love their uncle!! Thanks Warren, you were the biggest help that night as I rolled hair at 11pm! We put them to bed and next thing you know-it's morning! Day of wedding! It was a beautiful day. The reception was located downtown Ft Worth complete w/dinner and dancing.
I got to dance w/KK but my heart was 'filled to the brim' as I watched those little darlings twirl around in their long dresses. Then Jill and Warren drove me to meet Lisa, my dearest friend. We enjoyed a drink at Sonic and then drove onto her home. Stayed up late (of course) went to church on Sunday, had lunch and then she took me to the airport. It was so short but it was great to re-connect with a dear friend. (Please check out her book I have told you about)

See pics above.

No comments: