Tuesday, March 6, 2007

For the little things in life, I am blessed!

CONVERSATION W/A 5 YR OLD:
DD: “JennahKay did you have fun at your soccer game tonight?”
KKay: “Yes, Griffin and I had this really purplee juice.”
DD: “Did you run after the ball?”
KKay: “I did. And Griffin and I really sweated too. I kicked the ball 2 times too! DD, we played the green team last week but tonight we played the yellow team. We are going to play A LOT of teams before we are done.”
DD: “I am sure you are. I was just looking at a picture of you and your sisters. I miss you so much. I miss you so much that all I want to do is kiss and hug on you, lay on the floor and read books and tickle. Can we do that when I see you at Uncle Allen’s wedding?”
KKay: “Sure, and the next time I come to your house can we have a tea party?”
DD: “Of course, that will be fun. I have some raspberry tea.”
KKay: “Can we have chocolate chip cookies and some brownies too? We are going to have a tea party at MeMaw’s too.”
DD: “That sounds like fun!” I love you KKay! Have a good nights sleep and don’t let those bed bugs bite.”
KKay: “I love you too! Night!

CONVERSATION W/A 3 YR OLD:
DD: “Hi Lorahbeth, I love you!”
LB: “Hi DeeDee, I love you too!”
DD: “ I was just looking at your picture in my kitchen and I just starting missing you. Now that I put your picture in my kitchen I can look at you when I do my dishes. When I see you next time I am gonna kiss you to pieces.” And we can read books and have a tea party at Auntie Jill’s house, ok?”
LB: “OK”
DD: “What do you want to eat at our tea party?”
LB: “Brownies (long pause) and milk.”
DD: “Oh yes, we have to have milk with our brownies.”
LB: “Hi DeeDee, I can see you too!”
DD: “How can you see me Lorahbeth?”
LB: “A picture of you in my kitchen, on the frig. I love you, Night!
DD: “I love you too sweetie, Nighty-Night”


Help me Lord to always STOP and have these conversations with my “grands.” Thank you Lord, that they are safe and warm tonight. Thank you Lord that they love reading their Bible stories again and again and again! Prepare their hearts to hear and understand the free gift that you have prepared for them one day. Continue this circle of eternal hope in our family through the lives of our grandchildren.

Psalm 23:5-6 My cup runneth over, surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life. And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. Amen

No comments: