Wednesday, April 6, 2011

A Happy Way to start a New Day....

...was when I opened up my email and saw a note from India! Yes, India....while living in Albany, Georgia in a spacious apartment, our upstairs neighbors were from India. We were privileged to meet their parents and then in the summer meet some more family members. We shared so much of each others culture during our stay in Albany. It was a true blessing! But that summer I got to spend time with their niece who was 15. She is a jewel! We use to sit outside on the porch , sip sweet tea and I would listen as she explained the history of India. To hear a 15 yr old talk about her country's history was amazing. I have never heard an American student talk with so much passion about this country. We both shared our beliefs of God without discourse. I ate her food and she ate mine. I so enjoyed getting to know this beautiful , passionate teenager. They spent 8 wks in the states and when they got back from a trip to Disney World, we went out looking for a scrape book for her to remember her trip to America. The time came for them to leave and go back home. We shared tears of joy and tears of sorrow. I was gonna miss this sweet person. Before they got into the car she told me that I would always be her American Grandma! WOW!~ So today I received a email from my adopted granddaughter from India and as she explained her busyness and school exams and holiday....I couldn't help but notice the very large print at the bottom of the page..Love to my AMERICAN GRANDMA ! She still remembers the last time we spoke...awesome, my day has started out well. (maybe this is how we settle peace around the world....just sincerely adopted one another, love changes all)

No comments: