Friday, March 18, 2011

Carpe a Diem....

.....just got back from 3 days with my momma and have to journal my thoughts. Listening to a CD arrangement of encouraging music sent with love from my staff wives, song #8 was "Seize the Day." I love this quiet song....Seize the day, seize whatever you can, cause life slips away just like hour sand sand, seize the day, pray for grace from God's hand....then nothin will stand in your way...seize the day.

As I was singing at the top of my lungs, I realize that I just "been there, done that" with my momma this week. After spending 3 days with her, I seized whatever I could. We laughed alot, talked even more, WalMarted, ate homemade chile, watched alittle TV and slept less. Gave blood for more tests and had a doctor visit to attend today. We were exhausted from a long day on Thursday but was grateful for a full nights sleep. Seize the day!

"Grace from God's hand" He gave us some memories to enjoy. I love serving my momma so I cleaned her home from top to bottom being grateful for the time I can share. Nothing stood in our way, not even the lady in the drive thru at the bank yesterday. We were both so tired...the lady in the truck beside us had a cigarette hanging from her lip and I said, "I think that is very unattractive for a lady to hang a cigarette out of her mouth." (just a personal opinion) Mom said something and I said, "shhh, she might hear us and want to beat us up." My momma said, "Yeah, I know she could beat me up." I said, "yeah she could probably beat us both up while never loosing the ashes from her cigarette!" Mom started laughing so hard...we just sat there in the drive thru with tears in our eyes. I know it's not that funny now but at the moment and being as tired as we were....it was hillarious. Seize the day!

"Life slips away just like hour glass sand" None of us are guaranteed tomorrows breath, yet God have choosen to give me 3 more fun days with my mom. I am blessed. I have to make sure that I pay attention to all those moments with those that I love. I would hate to think that I missed it b/c I was selfish or lazy. This thought is not only for my mother but my 2 awesome mother-in-laws, my husband, our children, grandchildren and the strangers who come to the Open Table at our church. Or what about those strangers whom you meet on the street? Seize the day!

Everyday I want to be reminded of this song...looking into a beautiful sunrise , may I remember that I must take advantage of the day God has given...I cannot waste time on fear of the unknown or what I am not able to do. Seize the day!

"One thing that I noticed whereve I wander, everyone's got a dream he can follow or squander. You can do what you will with the days you are given. I'm trying to spend mine on the business of livin." Seize the day!~

P.S. Had a awesome lunch this week with old school friends..3 of us were friends since kindergarten! Beth Charlotte and I went to school since kindergarten and Debi Long came into my life in 7th grade. Long time friends were have been seperated by almost 43 yrs came together and acted like it was just another lunch date. So fun...we really did CARPE A DIEM!~



No comments: