Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Just Forget It....

It is now November and I am still not caught up. In 3 wks Thanksgiving will be here and then Christmas. I refuse to add more stress into an already stressful life called: "It's a Wonderful Life."
So I will start anew. Starting fresh is very stress-less. Starting fresh is freeing! So here I go.

After dealing w/my mother's health thru the months of Sept and Oct, including a wk stay in the hospital, things got better. My mom is slowly healing and is at this very minute (Just got off the phone w/her) much better. I am so thankful to God for answered prayer.

Reading in James 1:3-4, the Bible states, "Knowing that the testing of your faith produces endurance. But endurance must do it's complete work so that you may be mature and complete, lacking nothing."

So many times we say we are enduring but are we really? Then to read that endurance must do it's complete work so that we can be mature, complete, lacking in nothing! WOW~ my Lord wants me to lack for nothing. Lack for nothing in every situtation I may find myself in. I felt that way one morning in the hospital at 3am....sitting in the chapel on the CCU floor, reading and listening.

For the past 12 days I have found myself reading and listening again...but this time it is in my own bed struggling through an acute bout of vertigo. Another test? Maybe...so I pray and wait w/endurance for this to be over.

My life is a cup running over w/love. I am so very blessed to be right where I am at this moment in time. I have a loving husband who is faithful n every way. I have grown children who desire to be faithful and walk w/God. I have grandchildren who call me "just b/c they got out of dance class." I wait for the phone call to drive to Atlanta to meet our newest granddaughter, whom we prayed for an loved for over 2 yrs. I have a mother who is healing from a scary situtation. My inlaws are the joy of my heart. I have reconnected w/cousins and close christian friends from over 24 yrs ago. I am watching my husband's dream come true. (more on that later) I have the privlege to learn from teaching my 4th/5th graders at church. It is a wonderful life! SO I WAIT W/ENDURANCE b/c I want the blessing of maturing to completion so I lack nothing this world will place before me.

I hope the same for you.

No comments: