Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Vacating together....

We took some time to vacate jobs and visit w/our parents. We had a great time, busy but great! Now that we are older, naturally our parents are older and this brought to my mind something that Jill had said when she was only 5. We met a very old man at the grocery, he stopped to talk to our daugthers and went on his way. Later that night as the girls were getting ready for bed, Jill spoke up and said "You know mommie, that man must of really loved his parents." "Why do you say that Jill" "Because the Bible says that if you love your parents you will live a long time."
Ephesians 6:1-3
Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right.(v2) HONOR YOUR FATHER AND MOTHER (which is the first commandment with a promise), (v3) SO THAT IT MAY BE WELL WITH YOU, AND THAT YOU MAY LIVE LONG ON THE EARTH.


We had so much fun: eating, golfing, walking thru what I call "the secret garden" at Annie's and the quaint garden at Dot's. I stopped in on my 2 aunts/uncles.It amazes me that they live in the same houses I grew up visiting all the time.(understand I have moved at least 10 times in my married life) so I loved seeing those homes again! Aunt Velma, Steve is still talking about Millie and her food bowls! I visited my brother at his worksite and took a picture w/o children or spouses or animals. He looks good and memory took me back to summer days on Woods Ave. (although he is 8 yrs younger than I am) Hush Jim, I use to change your diapers!
I so enjoyed laughing with my mom! Mom and I really tried to pull a joke on Steve at the hospital but he knows not to trust us when we say "we have a surprise for you, just close your eyes."

I got to meet high school friends from 1972! Funny how quick we can loose our memory but then gain it back! HAHAHAHA! Marty, congrats on your newest quest in real estate and I can so remember your long beautiful hair in school. It was so good to see you, you look great! Barbara, I was so thankful that we made time to meet after all these years. I have your back in prayer and I loved sharing grandchildren stories w/you. Girls, lets keep in touch. (BTW, I got permission to post their pictures here-TeeHee) Although we have all changed since age 18...we have stayed the same where it matters most-inside the heart!

Steve, his mother, sister and myself took a trip to visit Steve's best friend since kindergarten. John had suffered a stroke last winter and is rehabiliating in a nursing home, for 3 more weeks! He is doing well and we really do praise God for the improvememt he has made. Steve has decided that John is the Honorable John, b/c he seemed to be the mayor of the home, all the ladies love him! But then John has always been a loveable teddy bear.

Enjoy the pictures above...my favorite is "Grandma's Garden Hat" I love taking pictures of these type of things! Good thing I have a digital camera, just delete and go!

Joy for your day!

No comments: