Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Cruise, recital, VBS, baby boy makes it all complete....

...but not enough time to capture it all! In a nutshell, we became grandparents AGAIN! And this time it is a beautiful baby BOY! After 4 grand granddaughters, who are the sparkle in our eyes, we were blessed with a boy....and the sparkle gets brighter with a tint of boyish blue!
After I was blessed to babysit the granddaughters while momma and dad went on a cruise for their long awaited 11th anniversary, I got back home to find us leaving again for the girls dance recital. Oh how I wish we could of been there the week before to watch the Gymnastic recital of LB but time is a hard thing to work with when you live 14 hrs away. Both recitals went well, LB is on her way to the Olympics one day on the uneven bars, with KK and AA finishing up to loud applause after ballet n jazz. Of course we can not wait to see little EG finding her place in the creative art or sports venue world.
After the recital weekend we arrived back home and started working on VBS. VBS was so different this year and I am so proud of Steve for taking it out of the box. He wrote the lessons this year and had a fabulous staff to carry everything out to the inth degree. (can't say enough for volunteers) The kids enjoyed a sports/drama/art/techie VBS week and many kids made decisions to accept Christ. Plus there was so much fun being made in the process. I was stretched to organize drama tract (b/c I knew I would be in Georgia during this week) God gave me the words to create a video drama skit that I have never before done IN MY LIFE! Thank you Jesus!
We received the call we had been praying for on June 6, 2011. "Mom, she is in labor." And with that we were packing for Georgia! It was a long week but so worth it when we saw how God planned Jill and Warren's family. This little one is so pretty! (can you say that about a boy?) But there are no other words to describe him, he is a pretty baby. I was so fortunate to stay for 3 wks and 4 days! My arms still miss this sweet baby falling asleep. My nose misses the smell of baby lotion and the feeling of softness of his skin on my fingers. But I can deal with these small things. Why? B/C my heart carries him with me, my minds knows that God revealed His choice for our daughters family and we will have these memories to share forever!
So I tip my prayerful heart to a loving God who gave 2 faithful people hope in a family unit. Little Baker is now apart of our family forever. I say words of praise to God for protecting our granddaughters and giving them experiences they will treasure in their hearts. I am thankful that even though a job was taken away from our son, God is AT WORK providing another one for him. I have ahusband who is not afraid to climb out of the box to make things right for kids and volunteers to enjoy and In all these things I leave my trust! And that dear friends makes it all complete!

No comments: