Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Another Opportunity.....

....happened Sunday night at church. Invitation time came and the pastor was urging people to come down front to pray. Sometimes I go, not b/c the pastor is urging me but rather the Holy Spirit. This night was something different.
A young man (visitor) has been sitting behind or in front of us each Sunday for the past 3 wks. His girlfriend came w/him once. I could feel the tug of the Holy Spirit to turn around and pray w/this couple.
Now starts the conversation I had w/God...."God, are you sure I am to turn around, right here in the pew, and pray w/them?" 'YES", was the reply! "But God, what do I pray for? I mean, I don't know them from Adam and I would feel so stupid if I ask to pray w/them and they say no. What if, it makes them feel embarassed? Are you sure God?"
Again the reply was YES, in an even louder almost rushed tone.

So I turned around, looked them in the eye and said "God wants me to pray for you, will you join hands w/me in prayer? I have no idea what I am to pray for but if I don't, I will be disobeying God." Their reply...YES!
At the end of my prayer for them (note: I can't even remember what I said in my prayer) the girlfriend looked at me with big tears welling in her eyes, and said "Thank you."

ARE YOU MISSING OPPORTUNITIES? I sure hope not! Grace and peace to you today!

No comments: